Sunday, March 26, 2017

Questions!

Yesterday, I posted about conducting and interview with Ms. Mason.  

This morning, I set about accomplishing this goal.  The first thing I needed to do was to write up some questions to email her.  I worked towards doing this by rereading her bio, which was located on the contact us tab.  From the information provided there, I was able to write these questions:  


Why did you get into this area of study and work and what is your favorite part about it?

In your experience, how often are what people consider weeds invasive species and how 
often are they actually native plants that are beneficial to the environment?

What were your responsibilities and experience concerning "weeds" when you worked as a field biologist for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission?

How do herbicides work to remove plants that would be considered weeds?  What effects do they have on other plants in the ecosystem?

What is an invasive plant removal contract and what is your experience with them?

What are the dangers of non-native plants within the Florida Everglades?

Once I finished writing the questions, I emailed them to her through the email that had been provided with her bio.  

Hopefully these questions will help me to learn more about the subject and be able to form a more complete story.  Since she didn't answer today, however, it's a bit of a waiting game.  Hopefully, she will respond tomorrow though.  I look forward to her insight on the subject!

Citations:
"Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council Chairman and Board of Directors." FLEPPC. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment