Friday, March 31, 2017

Progress and Updates

As the deadline for my project gets closer and closer, it is imperative that I move ever closer to completing it.  Over the course of this past week, I have made major strides towards accomplishing this goal. 

In my last meeting with my peers earlier this week, I had a lot of things to think about.  Namely, the layout of my magazine and the content of the double page spread.  The first thing I want to talk about is the content for the story.  I wanted this material to be largely focused on an interview I would conduct with a field biologist whom I have mentioned in previous posts.  At the meeting, I explained my frustrations regarding how Ms. Mason has yet to have responded to my email with answers to my questions.  I'm concerned about whether or not I will even be able to include this section in my project and if I will have to change the way I wanted my story to go.  The only good thing that happened was that she did send me an email on March 29th that said she would be busy for the next two days.  Since her first free day will be this Saturday, I'm hoping that she will have time to answer my questions.  However, if I do not receive a response by the end of this weekend, I will be forced to abandon this idea for the sake of finishing this project in a way that I can be proud of.

The other thing that happened to me at the meeting was that I was forced to think about how I would actually construct the layout for my magazine.  I asked the group of people I was meeting with if they knew of any online software I could use, but they had little experience in the area and could offer me no feasible examples.  One of them did suggest Photoshop, which I knew one of my friends is using, but I knew I couldn't use that program because of cost issues.  Having made little progress with my group members, I decided to look through the Internet for websites that would be of use to me.  I quickly stumbled upon a site called Lucidpress.  This site allowed me to sign up for free and offered me opportunities to create a magazine layout that looked both creatively unique and professional.  I'm excited to continue working with it in the future and to hopefully posting some progress pictures in my next blog post.  

Despite the setbacks I may be facing, I am confident that I am still moving closer and closer to my goal.

Citations:
"Easy from the Start." Lucidpress. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment